This Policy describes how Constellation R.O. Writer Inc. and Perseus Group Software Corp. dba R.O. Writer (collectively, “we”, “us” or “R.O. Writer”) treat personal information on our website.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM AND ABOUT YOU.
WE COLLECT CONTACT INFORMATION. For example, we might collect your name and IP address when you visit our site. We might also collect your phone number.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT OR POST. For example, we collect the information you submit when you contact us. We also may collect reviews posted in a public space on our site, or information provided if you use a chat functionality, if applicable, on the site, when you register with us, or if you subscribe to our notifications.
WE COLLECT DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION. We may collect information like your gender and age. We may also collect your zip code. We might collect this when you contact us or enter a promotion.
WE COLLECT OTHER USAGE AND DEVICE LOCATION INFORMATION. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also collect information about your location. This may include your precise location. We may collect this using different types of technologies, including GPS and Wi-Fi.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM YOU. For example, if you register with us, sign up for our emails, or enter a promotion. We also collect information if you make a purchase or if you contact us.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU PASSIVELY. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and possibly web beacons. We do this on our websites and in emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them, here.
WE GET INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM THIRD PARTIES. For example, our business partners may give us information about you. We may also purchase this information from data providers.
WE COMBINE INFORMATION. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
WE USE INFORMATION AS DISCLOSED AND DESCRIBED HERE.
WE USE INFORMATION TO RESPOND TO YOUR REQUESTS OR QUESTIONS. For example, we might use your information to communicate with you. We may use your information to notify you if you win a sweepstakes, or about a purchase or inquiry. We also may use information collected offline to notify you (or have the manufacturer notify you) of any product related information.
WE USE INFORMATION TO IMPROVE OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. We may use your information to make our website and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
WE USE INFORMATION FOR SECURITY PURPOSES. We may use your information to protect our company and our customers. We also use information to protect our websites.
WE USE INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. For example, we might provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might also use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. If you register with us, we’ll send you our email newsletter. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the “You have certain choices” section below.
WE USE INFORMATION AS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW OR AS WE MAY NOTIFY YOU FROM TIME TO TIME.
WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES.
FOR OUR CUSTOMERS WHO ARE FRANCHISEES OF MIDAS INTERNATIONAL, LLC, (“MIDAS”) WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH MIDAS.
WE WILL SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES WHO PERFORM SERVICES ON OUR BEHALF. For example, we will share information with vendors who send emails for us. We may also share information with companies that operate our websites or run a promotion.
WE WILL SHARE INFORMATION IF WE THINK WE HAVE TO IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH THE LAW OR TO PROTECT OURSELVES. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion. Or we may share your information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH ANY SUCCESSOR TO ALL OR PART OF OUR BUSINESS. For example, if part of our business was sold, we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION FOR OTHER REASONS AT YOUR DIRECTION.
No telephone or SMS information will be shared with third parties/affiliates for their own marketing/promotional purposes. All the above disclosures exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties. We will only send sms/telephone communications when we have the appropriate consent to do so or as otherwise permitted by law.
YOU HAVE CERTAIN CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
YOU CAN OPT OUT OF RECEIVING OUR MARKETING EMAILS AND OTHER PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS. TO STOP RECEIVING OUR PROMOTIONAL EMAILS OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, EMAIL US AT ROWADMIN@ROWRITER.COM OR FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN ANY PROMOTIONAL MESSAGE YOU GET FROM US. USERS WITH MORE THAN ONE EMAIL ADDRESS SHOULD INCLUDE ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES THEY WISH TO UNSUBSCRIBE IN ANY UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST. EVEN IF YOU OPT OUT OF GETTING MARKETING MESSAGES, WE WILL STILL SEND YOU TRANSACTIONAL MESSAGES AS A CONDITION TO TRANSACTING BUSINESS WITH US. THESE INCLUDE RESPONSES TO YOUR QUESTIONS.
THESE SITES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN.
OUR SITES AND APPS ARE MEANT FOR ADULTS. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us at email@example.com. Please include as the subject of your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please call us or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
California law may also provide you with additional rights regarding your personal information under the law commonly known as the CCPA. These rights may include the right to know the categories of personal information we collect, from where we collect the information, how we use it, and if we disclose, share or sell it to others. Your rights may also include the ability to request we delete your personal information (subject to certain legal exemptions) and the right to tell us not to sell your information.
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in the Privacy Statement of this website and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information when you use our services. This information identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, consumers occupying a single dwelling (household), and/or device (“personal information”). To help the consumer understand what we do and do not collect, the chart below indicates the categories of personal information we generally may collect about consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A real name, street address, including city, state and zip code, telephone number, Internet Protocol address (IP address), email address, account name, vehicle information such as VIN number, year, make, model, mileage and condition.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|A name, signature, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information (we do not maintain or retain debit card, credit card or financial information other than the cost of products/services and method of payment). Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
|Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|D. Commercial information.
|Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Biometric information.
|Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.
|Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|G. Geolocation data.
|Physical location or movements.
|H. Sensory data.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
|I. Professional or employment-related information.
|Current or past job history or performance evaluations, when you apply for a job with us.
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
|Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
|Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
THE SOURCES OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We obtain the above-described categories of personal information from a variety of categories of sources. Below are categories of sources from which we gather personal information:
- Directly and indirectly from: (i) users of this website (www.rowriter.com) through tracking tools and when users provide information directly through the website; (ii) social media platforms, like Twitter® or Facebook®; (iii) consumers through surveys, reviews, any sales promotions, contracts/purchase orders, and contests/sweepstakes; affiliates and related entities; marketing agencies; (iv) when products are purchased; and (v) job applicants.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are several business or commercial reasons why we collect the personal information we collect. We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, to contact you if you submitted a contact request.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations regarding warranties provided.
- To improve our services and website, and present our website contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- To present you with service reminders and other promotional offers and marketing materials that might be of interest to you.
- To evaluate job applications.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may sell and/or disclose each of the above-identified categories for our business purposes. This includes but is not limited to, for example:
- Employees of Constellation R.O. Writer Inc dba R.O. Writer and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities and their employees.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
- Vendors that provide services on our behalf, including hosting and maintaining our website, sending emails and customer communications for us, providing marketing assistance, and sending customer reminders and other advertising.
We do not knowingly collect, disclose or sell the information of any minor.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR CCPA RIGHTS
- CONTACT US To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please submit a verifiable consumer request by, by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may submit a verifiable consumer request on your own behalf or on the behalf of your minor child.
In addition, you may designate an agent to submit a verifiable consumer request on your behalf for a request to know information or to delete information. However, you must provide the agent written permission authorizing the agent to submit the request on your behalf. The agent must also verify his/her identity with us directly before we will provide him/her your information. This is not required of the authorized agent if you have provided the agent a power of attorney through Probate Court.
An authorized agent must provide the requested proof or we may deny the request. Additionally, the verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us reasonably to verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. It must also describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
Requests are limited. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information (if applicable).
- The categories of other parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- We may deny your deletion request, or fulfill it only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may keep personal information as permitted by the CCPA, such as for tax purposes or to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
- RESPONSE TIMING AND FORMAT Upon receiving your request to know or a request to delete, we will confirm receipt of the request and provide information about how we will process the request, including our verification process. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request to know and/or to delete within 45 days of its receipt, though we may take up to an additional 45 days (for a total of 90-days) if necessary. Any disclosures we provide may only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
WE USE STANDARD SECURITY MEASURES.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
WE STORE INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES.
Information we maintain will be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is intended for users from the United States and Canada only and is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
WE MAY LINK TO OTHER SITES OR APPS OR HAVE THIRD PARTY SERVICES ON OUR PLATFORMS WE DON’T CONTROL.
If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken to a platform we do not control. This Policy does not apply to the privacy practices of that website or platform. Read other companies’ privacy policies carefully. We are not responsible for these third parties.
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
You can also contact us at:
Constellation R.O. Writer Inc.
11350 McCormick Ep 3 Rd #200
Hunt Valley, MD 21031-8985
WE MAY UPDATE THIS POLICY.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.
(Last updated: FEBRUARY 21, 2024)